Monday 24 June 2013

Day 5: A good day :)

Today is starting out to be pretty good! Thank god, I don't really have that horrible of pain in my jaw joints today, and my nose is soooooo clear for the first time in almost a week.
But I'm a bit anxious because I slightly reaaaaaally softly blew my nose because it was unbearable and oh wowowowow the stuff that's sitting in your nose after upper jaw surgery is soooo grossss. But special tip INVEST IN A HUMIDIFIER if you don't already have one. Seriously, the like few times mine wasn't on, my congestion built right up, but with it my nose has been amazingly clear. I don't know what I would have done without mine!

I also have this gauze/tape thing wrapped underneath my lower jaw and chin and let me just tell you, it is not fun! Starting from last night, it began to itch like crazy, the tape is already beginning to peel so I'm trying so carefully to scratch it but it just doesn't work. Ugh, and I'm stuck with this thing for the next 3 or 4 days too boo T.T

-- Oh random, LOL this economics exam that I have in a few days is really getting to my subconscious. I'm having dreams about economics, which I'm sure isn't very healthy. With that, I've noticed at least one dream if not more these days since my jaw surgery, like I don't know what it is, but I don't forget my dreams these days which is awesome cause my dreams are quite entertaining tbh, who knew I had such a head on me.

omg lol I seriously can't stress this enough, you never realize how good looking you were until you have jaw surgery, I mean I look an ugly mess dude.

As for eating, I'm starting to well drink more everyday which is good but to be honest it does not help at all. Liquids just get processed so fking fast in your stomach I'm literally hungry with minutes ughughugh I guess I better get used to it.

On top of that however, Im finding that my energy levels have taken a huge nose dive. Seriously, I hate how cleaning my teeth makes me tired enough that I want to take a nap! ugh.

After my nap:
Honestly, today was a great day! I felt pretty much normal except for the mouth which wasn't at all painful, just gross. Not brushing the insides is taking a huge toll on me!! It seriously feels so gross and slimy ugh. just 5 more weeks..

As for pain.. I seriously had like no jaw pain today thank god, I'm hoping it doesnt come later on, and its awesome because I haven't taken pain meds at all since I've been home, plus the numbness in my face is starting to decrease quite a bit. My tongue isn't numb at all and neither are some of my teeth, they're starting to get sore from being crushed all day LOL

And I've got some studying done which is awesome because when I tried yesterday I literally COULDN'T.

Thank god today went so smoothly, I'm praying for another good tomorrow for the rest of my recovery! So much better than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment